Printer is in a state of 4 flashing lights and the Everest Updater utility is unable to reprogram the printer, failing with USB Read error.
NOTE: This process to recover the printer should be used only as a last resort, as it may risk bricking the printer. All other normal firmware update attempts should be attempted before proceeding.
- Stop the Rimage Production Server.
- Open the Everest Updater tool.
- Check the box that says "Printer is already in firmware update mode (all 4 LEDs are blinking)"
- Press and hold the button on the printer, then press the Update Flash button. Continue to hold printer button until the firmware update is complete.
- After the firmware is loaded, power cycle the system.
See below for information on which update files to use:
- Everest 600 and Encore with a Type 1 board and 4.08 or higher should use Type 1 -0505.
- Everest 600 and Encore with a Type 1 board and 4.08 or higher should use Type 2 - 0507.
If you are unsure which control board Type you have in your printer, contact Rimage Technical Support.