The "drawer motor encoder not responding" error message indicates that the Everest printer's shipping screw has not been removed, or that there is a disc stuck inside the printer. Both of these issues will interfere with the printer's drawer movement.
- Make sure that the shipping screw has been removed. Refer to the image below.
Tip: Refer to the Set Up a Standalone Everest or AutoEverest AutoPrinter section of the Everest User Guide for more information about removing the shipping screw.
- If the shipping screw has been removed, make sure that a disc is not stuck behind the printer tray. Refer to the procedure below.
- #2 Phillips long-shaft screwdriver
- Press the two side cover latches to lower the side cover.
- Open latch 1.
- Remove the print ribbon carrier from the printer and set it aside.
- Remove the Phillips screws (Qty. 3) that hold the ink ribbon base plate. Refer to the image below.
- Remove the ink ribbon base plate and set it aside.
- Remove any discs from the base of the printer, underneath the plate that you removed.
- Install the ink ribbon base plate.
- Install the ink ribbon carrier.
- Close latch 2.
- Close the side cover.
Note: If this does not resolve the error, please contact Rimage Technical Support by clicking the Submit a Request link at the top of this page.