Issue: The LCD on the 5400N/5410N/3400/3410 displays PRINTER BUSY 188.
Resolution: Reflash the printer firmware.
Tip: If you are using Remote Desktop Connection to run this updater remotely, you must uncheck the Printer box on the Local Resources tab prior to connecting.
- Download the Everest Firmware Updater and extract the executable.
- Double click the executable to run.
- Check the box for "Printer is already in firmware update mode (LCD is showing 'PRINTER BUSY 188').
- Press the Update Flash button.
- Once the update is complete, press the OK then Exit buttons.