When CD Designer spools jobs, every label to be printed is stored in the memory. The memory is limited to approximately 200mb. After the memory reaches this limit, the system will stop processing jobs.
With non-serialized jobs, each label is identical and is stored in the memory only once. However, for a serialization or merge field job, each label is different. Therefore, each label is stored separately and takes up more memory space.
- Note: Due to the high DPI, raw printer format, and the three panels of color, a single Everest 600 label is approximately 25mb after rendering.
A workaround to this issue is to select the Print directly to printer option.
- Note: When this option is selected, CD Designer will no longer spool each label. You will be limited to the computer's available memory rather than the 200mb limit.
1. From the Windows Start menu, select Printers and Faxes. The Printers and Faxes window opens.
2. Right-click on the Everest 600 printer and select Properties. The Properties window opens.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Select the Print directly to the printer option button.
5. Select OK.
- Tip: Rimage engineering is currently working on this issue. Select Notify Me at the bottom of this page to be notified when this issue has been resolved.