The Rimage 2000i includes an internal Rimage 480i printer assembly. If the Rimage 480i printer is not displaying in Rimage System Manager, make sure that the printer is installed and the USB and serial cables are secure. Refer to the procedure below.
1. From the Windows Start menu, select Printers and Faxes. The Printers and Faxes window opens.
Tip: In Windows 7, select: Start > Control Panel > Printers.
2. Make sure the 480i printer driver is installed.
- If the 480i printer driver is installed, "Rimage 480i printer" will display in the Printers and Faxes window.
- If the 480i printer driver is not installed, refer to the 2000i Setup and Installation Guide for your 2000i system:
3. In the Printers and Faxes window, make sure the 480i printer Status is listed as Ready.
- If the 480i printer Status is listed as Offline, make sure the USB cable that connects the 2000i to the PC is secure.
- If the 480i printer Status is listed as Ready, but the printer does not display in Rimage System Manager, there may be a loose serial cable. Refer to the procedure below.
a. Open the 2000i printer service door.
b. Locate the serial cable.
c. Disconnect the serial cable.
d. Firmly connect the serial cable to the port.
e. Restart Production Server through Rimage System Manager.