Rimage Producer, Professional, and Catalyst autoloaders have a status light mounted to the top of the unit. This allows the user to know the general state of the system at a glance.
|Status Light Color||System Status|
|GREEN Solid||The autoloader is online and idle|
|GREEN Flashing||The system is online and producing a disc|
|AMBER||The autoloader is ready, but there is no software controlling it|
|RED||The autoloader is in an error state|
Green Status Light
The green status light means the Autoloader is online and the Production Server is communicating with it. Use the Rimage System Manager to check the configuration of the Autoloader.
A green flashing light means the system is actively processing orders. Use the Rimage System Manager to view the orders that it is processing.
Amber Status Light
The amber status light means the Autoloader hardware is ready, but the Production Server is not communicating with it. Use the Rimage System Manager to check the status of the Production Server.
This is often caused by:
- Production Server is offline. Try restarting the Rimage Production Server service.
- If it fails to start, investigate the Windows Service start error message for more details
- If Production Server initially starts but ends up crashing, investigate Windows Event Viewer logs for more information.
- Production Server is running, Autoloader shows Manual loader for its configuration.
- Stop and restart Production Server to initiate a fresh configuration.
- If the Autoloader is not detected during the configuration, investigate communication between the PC and Autoloader.
- Messaging Server is not running. If Rimage Messaging Server is not running, then Rimage System Manager will fail to connect. Production Server has a dependency on the Messaging Server, so if Messaging Server is not running, Production Server will fail to start. Try restarting the Rimage Messaging Server.
- If it starts, start the Rimage Registry Server next, then the Rimage Production Server.
- If it fails to start, investigate Windows Service start error messages for more information.
Red Status Light
The Red status light indicates that the Autoloader is in an error state and Autoloader activity will pause until the error condition is cleared.
Use the Rimage System Manager to identify the error message, and answer error dialog boxes. The red light is often a symptom of a hardware issue, and additional troubleshooting may be required, depending on the error message.